Tuesday 1 March 2011

Belated table and chair screencaps


Many of these screencaps have just been sitting in my pictures library for a while so I best upload and explain in short about them and how I got the desired effects.

I designed this table and chair set initially just as a placeholder but decided I'll be able to work it in to the Bond safehouse/apartment idea with some other models and material editing.

Much of this was made with the line tool. In fact about 98% was made with the line tool, I only used a chamfer box for the base of the seat with FFD 2x2x2 modifier and a cylinder for the tabletop and that was really it.




Although using soft selection sometimes is very useful however sometime tricky when trying to set the correct Falloff rate as so prevent too many points being selected, was it was fairly critical when creating the desired effect for certain points like the armrests on the chairs.







I am fairly please with the way this scene turned out, although I am slightly unhappy with the material for the wood. Specifically relating to the bump map that I applied; it seems to tile far too much on the Y-axis which will need reconfiguring but as a sort of stomach warmer or sea settler it will suffice. Since you can really spend too much time on just one aspect of a scene like the materials or the lighting for example but its probably more ideal to just finish the scene then once everything is in place and you've got at least one render then play about with settings to achieve desired effects.

Another point, using the align tool in conjunction with Shift+Clicking to clone saved me lots of time by just choosing the object I wanted my selected object to align to, then just choosing the axis I want it to be aligned on in this case all I used was the Y-axis in order to get the table legs the even distance from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment